Reload question

Larry Naves lnaves at asc.edu
Fri Jul 22 15:10:18 CEST 2005

I agree with Chris. I wish that at least the last host/service checked would
be stored somewhere (i.e. state retention) and the checks would take up
there when nagios was reloaded but an immediate check of new hosts and
services would also be nice.

For now I will just set a db field's bit to 1 when a change is made that
would require a reload and just check it through cron every X amount of time
resetting it to 0 when read. The only other way around this, that I can
think of, would be for me to keep up with the last host/service checked and
then after a reload perform a force schedule of the next XXX hosts. How bad
would this be on nagios? Would the force check of say 850 hosts (all
services w/ average of 4 services per host) be?

Larry Wayne Naves, Jr. "Jay"
Systems Analyst
Computer Sciences Corporation /
Alabama Supercomputer Authority