webinterface don't works with large number of hosts in Nagios 2.0 current cvs version

Marcus Hildenbrand Marcus.Hildenbrand at sap.com
Wed Jul 13 13:19:23 CEST 2005

Hi,

the cause of this seems to be a too long list of services in a servicegroup. My config includes something like this:

- servicegroup definition:
define servicegroup{
         servicegroup_name       filesystems
         alias                   filesystems
         members                 host1,filesystems
}

- service template which includes also the above servicegroup name
define service{

         name                            check_filesystems
         service_description             filesystems
         normal_check_interval           15
         max_check_attempts              3
         servicegroups                   filesystems
         register                        0
         }

- and for nearly every host something like this
define service{
         use                     check_filesystems
         host_name               hostxx
         check_command           check_nrpe!check_filesystems
         normal_check_interval   15
         contact_groups          GROUPX
         }

This means that the servicegroup includes nearly 4k services. After doubling MAX_XODTEMPLATE_INPUT_BUFFER in
xdata/xodtemplate.h from 65535 to 131070 the webinterface works again.

Maybe the size of this variable should be adjusted to something higher.

Regards
Marcus Hildenbrand