Strange issue

Sxan sxanrr at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 13:43:05 CEST 2005

Hey again,

Ok, this is a wierd issue. Basically, one of my hosts was going up and down over the weekend, and it's now back up and running ok but Nagios is still reporting it being down.
I've checked the logs and Nagios is seeing it as the TTL expiring. Nothing has changed at
all since before the weekend, and this is the only host that it's doing it with. I've pinged
the host and saw the TTL=61 and when I ping other hosts, the TTL varies depending on the
host. Is there any way Nagios has set the TTL or what the TTL it's looking to use is? I'm
just confused as to how this may have happened. We are also looking into the possibility that
the NIC on the host was damaged somehow or something else, but if anyone has seen this happen before please let me know! Thanks!

~Jim

http://mail.yahoo.com