AW: Perfdata truncated?

Sand Philipp Philipp.Sand at sycor.de
Mon Jul 11 07:32:51 CEST 2005

>Hi there,
Hi Holger,

>I ran into a problem with 2.0b3. It looks like it somehow truncates the incoming perfdata (btw, are threre any limitations?).
>That's what my test script spits out on the command line:
>SNMP: DISCONNECT query finished.|numConnectionAttempts=1549, normalUserDisconnect=882, ueFault=19, handover=4, uePowerDownDisconnect=59, >ueLostCoverage=5, ueNoAllocation=3, ueLayer2Failure=4, ueHardwareUnsupported=0, managerInitiatedForcedUserDisc=2, overload=0, systemInit=0,

[...]Snip .. lots of perfdata output here...[...]

>And that's what I see in status.dat and also as HTML output:
>plugin_output=SNMP: DISCONNECT query finished.
>        performance_data=numConnectionAttempts=1552, normalUserDisconnect=883, ueFault=19, handover=4, uePowerDownDisconnect=59, ueLostCoverage=5, >ueNoAllocation=3, ueLayer2Failure=4, ueHardwareUnsupported=0, managerInitiatedForcedUserDisc=2, overload=0, systemInit=0, relocMaxIuCxns=0, >nodeBDecommission=0, l2tpSessionFailure=0, l2tpSessi
>
>Would be very nice if someone had an idea what this might cause.

Ok, now that I see the output ... ;)

I think it's because of some fieldsize variables in the status.cgi. I don't know the exact variable to change that fieldsize, but maybe you can find it yourself, or maybe somebody else here can help to locate it. You can find the source code in the nagios-2.0b3.tar.gz -> Nagios-2.0b3/cgi directory.

Hope this helps!

Greetz,
Philipp