nagios.cmd Permissions and External Commands

Joe Regular JoeRegular at gov.nl.ca
Tue Jul 5 15:40:15 CEST 2005

I seem to have run into a problem with Nagios to which I hope there is a simple solution.  From what I can tell, I have followed the setup instructions correctly and Nagios appears to be working with the exception of external commands.

When I try to schedule host downtime, I get the "Sorry, but you are not authorized to commit the specified command." error message.  I've since read the "authentication and authorization in the CGIs" section of the manual and the "External Command File Permissions" file but it's still isn't working.

Can anyone offer any advice into a solution to this problem?

Jason