AW: Nagiosgrap MAP File for known Plugins

Sand Philipp Philipp.Sand at sycor.de
Tue Jul 5 15:39:22 CEST 2005

> Sand Philipp wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just startet with nagiosgraph, after having some Problems with
> > Nagios 2.0a1 and Nagiosgraph, it's working fine now with Nagios
> > 2.0b3.
> >
> > Now I wonder if there exists some kind of "global Map File" for all
> > known Plugins. I suppose that some of you already did a map File
> > entry for let's say all check_nt stuff, or check_icmp, I've already
> > seen those topics in the list. But to be honest, wouldn't it be
> > better to put those entries for all standard Plugins into one map
> > file you could download, and then provide this map file on the
> > sourceforge Page, or direct with the nagiosgraph download? This
would
> > make installing a lot easier and would save a lot of time.
> > If there already exists such a map file: Pleeaaase give it to me :)
> > I'm pretty lazy and don't want to search the list for all the stuff
> > one by one :)

> By the sound of it, nagiosgraph is superceded by perfparse, which lets
> plugins write graphable output in a standardized way.
No, nagiosgraph and perfparse are two totally different Types of
Programs to generate graphs. In fact, nagiosgraph uses rrd files and
uses a perl script to push the plugin output into those rrd files, and
perfparse uses a mysql db and some other ways to handle the data.

> I know perfparse has a sourceforge page. Perhaps you should look into
it?
I know perfparse, too. My Perfparse DB has just grown to 40GB, so I
decided to have a look at some other tools on the "marked" which may
waste a little bit less hdd space :)

Regards,
Philipp