How to debug Nagios

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Mon Jan 31 03:21:52 CET 2005

I've found the problem - truncated service id's do not cause an error to
be reported from check_cluster2 e.g.:

$USER1$/check_cluster2 <blah> <blah>
$SERVICESTATE:hostid:serviceid$,$SERVICESTATE:hos<EOL>

Does not cause an error and reports on the service status up to the last
complete service state id - so I assume that the environment is running
out of space at the 22 service mark when the nagios exe forks
check_cluster2 with a massive command line...

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get around this problem apart from
having a great big command line environment variable? And how would I
set this environment variable so that a large command line space is
available to check_cluster2?

Thanks,
Greg

--