Error: Could not read host and service status information!

Daniel maher dmaher at acetechnology.com
Thu Jan 27 15:14:38 CET 2005

Lots of people are reading it, actually. :-)

The good news is that almost everybody has had this error at some point, and it’s easy to solve.  The bad news is that people here on the list are tired of answering this question, when the solution is so readily available.  Hopefully, you won’t get flamed too badly for posting this message twice to the list.

The Nagios documentation, FAQ, and mailing list archives contain all the information you need to solve this problem.  Here are some links to get you started:

HYPERLINK "http://www.nagios.org/faqs/index.php?section_id=8&expand=false&showdesc=false"http://www.nagios.org/faqs/index.php?section_id=8&expand=false&showdesc=false

HYPERLINK "http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/commandfile.html"http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/commandfile.html

HYPERLINK "https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=1873"https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=1873

Good luck!