Error: Could not read host and service status information!

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Thu Jan 27 18:43:01 CET 2005

Both errors indicate that Nagios isn't running. The correct way to start
Nagios is using the init script but if you need to start it from the
command line it's '/path/to/nagios -d /path/to/nagios.cfg'. You should
check your config for errors first by running '/path/to/nagios -v
/path/to/nagios.cfg' as errors will prevent the daemon from starting as
well.

--
Marc