check_snmp to monitor isdn if on cisco?

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Thu Jan 27 15:19:39 CET 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Schmitz, Carsten wrote:

> Subhendu, all,
>
> Thanks to all who have replied, the input has been really helpful.
>
> For the history books, I managed to get it to work. Using snmpwalk with numeric oid output I got the OIDs (what a neat trick, that'll save me lots of googling).
>
> Tried with check_ifoperstatus but didn't quite get the parameters right. Now I'm doing:
>
> ./check_snmp --oid=.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8.29 -C community_string -H ip_address
>
> which checks interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOperStatus.29 (with 29 being an ISDN interface).
>
> Returns 5, which means "dormant" according to Cisco, and that looks just like the piece of information I need.

will do the same:
check_ifoperstatus -k 29 -C community ip_address

Note - default - "dormant(5)" is critical
You can change the behavior by adding the "-w i" or "-w w" to either
ignore (ok if dormant) or provide a warning respectively.

This is useful if the interfaces are on-demand backup circuits and you
want a notification when they go "up".

--
-sg