Freshness Threshold Period

Horvath Tamas zsitfa at axelero.hu
Wed Jan 26 20:42:24 CET 2005

Hi List members!

I use Nagios 1.2, plugins 1.4beta1, Debian 3.1.

I connect to the monitored network via VPN. I have to monitor this network
from 15.20 to next day 8.00.

I use a passive check to check the VPN connection status.

My check command is check_ping, check_period is none and notification_period
is 15.20-8.00, Freshness Threshold is 900 s. Nagios is not running from
10.00 to 11.50 every weekday.

My problem: After 8.00 the VPN connection is teared down nomally. The
Freshness Threshold is elapsed and Nagios runs the check_ping command, and
eventually Nagios marks the VPN Concentrator host as Down.

It is ok, but annoying. I think I need a " Freshness Threshold period"
feature which says, that Nagios has not to run active checks beyond these
periods. This is however not implemented and I'm not a programmer.

How can I solve this annoying problem easier?

Thanks in advance!

Tamas.