check_snmp to monitor isdn if on cisco?

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Thu Jan 27 02:32:05 CET 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Schmitz, Carsten wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Many thanks for the reply.
>
>> What do you want to monitor for the isdn connections?
>
> I'd like to be able to fetch the status (up or down) of each of the
> eight ISDN lines from the 2600, and the status of the one DSL line from
> the 828. Eventually, I'd like to set up nine seperate Nagios service
> checks, one for each line, which reports "up" or "down".

use check_ifoperstatus for individual interfaces (one service for each
interface)

Before you start - you need to run snmpwalk on the routers and get the
ifIndex values for the interfaces you are interested in. Then supply the
value to the -k parameter of check_ifoperstatus. Also be sure to have the
IOS configuration nail down the ifIndex values...
"snmp-server ifindex persistent"

If you were interested in monitoring "all" the admin up interfaces on a
router, then you can use "check_ifstatus" instead.  It covers all
interfaces that are supposed to be up - summary results report
up/down/dormant interfaces.

--
-sg