CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake.

Alloo, Vincent v-alloo at ti.com
Wed Jan 26 16:19:06 CET 2005

Martin,
Did you check check_nrpe and nrpe have been compiled with the same SSL
libraries (ldd nrpe, ldd check_nrpe)? Are these libraries available on
both machines?
You can also try without SSL support:
nrpe    stream  tcp     nowait  nagios /usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe -n -c
/usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg -i

(notice the -n)

with check_nrpe -n -H yourhost -c yourcommand -a yourarg_ifany

Becarefull also on the arguments passed through check_npe.

Regards,

Vincent Alloo
TI France Design Systems Operations Manager
Europe and Middle East IT Services
Texas Instruments France

E-Mail: v-alloo at ti.com
Phone: +33 4 93 22 26 97