redhat 6.2

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Jan 25 18:55:10 CET 2005

I haven't tried a recent version ('If it ain't broke...'), but yes --

[mpowell at gwlite01 mpowell]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Linux release 6.2 (Zoot)

[mpowell at gwlite01 mpowell]$ /usr/local/bin/nrpe -V

NRPE - NetSaint Remote Plugin Executor
Copyright (c) 1999-2001 Ethan Galstad (netsaint at netsaint.org)
Version: 1.2.4
Last Modified: 02-22-2001
License: GPL

Usage: /usr/local/bin/nrpe <-i | -d> <config_file>

  -i      Run as a service under inetd
  -d      Run as a standalone daemon without inetd

Notes:
This program is designed to process requests from the check_nrpe
plugin on the host(s) running NetSaint.  It can run as a service
under inetd (read the docs for info on this), or as a standalone
daemon if you wish. Once a request is received from an authorized
host, NRPE will execute the command/plugin (as defined in the
config file) and return the plugin output and return code to the
check_nrpe plugin.

Also nagios-plugins-1.3.1 were compiled on this box. No special actions
were taken that I am aware of.

--
Marc