Getting Distributed Monitoring to work

Chuck Lidderdale chuck at blackforest-co.com
Mon Jan 24 22:24:33 CET 2005

I keep re-reading the Distributed Monitoring web
page - and ok, I give, I'm stuck.

In nagios.cfg
     ocsp_command=submit_check_result
     obsess_over_services=1
     enable_notifications=0
	(but I still get [1106590085] SERVICE NOTIFICATION:
         OnCall;cost1mx0;CkDf;CRITICAL;
         notify-by-email;60% /usr/users in ..var/nagios.log)

In service.cfg
    "define service {
     check_command   check_nrpe!check_DF
     }

and it runs just fine

checkcommands.cfg is a cut'n paste from the doc.

submit_check_result shell is cut'n paste but it's still
not doing anything.  If I run it by hand I see data go
to the central box.

HELP!!
Thanks