R: R: Notify on sigle events

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Wed Jan 19 19:27:48 CET 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 09:09:48AM -0600, jeff vier wrote:
> > Well, my customer want to receive notifications every time
> > some particular
> > strings are written inside that log file.
> > Probably Nagios can not do this ....
> Have you had a look at check_log?
> It does exactly what you are (apparently) asking.
If you are looking for an alert *every time* a string appears,
then using an active check won't work. Nagios will alert once
*per polling interval* that a string appeared, but if the string
appeared 3 times in an interval then you'll only get one alert.

To get individual alerts you'll need to use a passive check and
set the service to volitile.

-Jason Martin
--
Hackito ergo sum.