R: R: Notify on sigle events

jeff vier boinger at tradingtechnologies.com
Wed Jan 19 16:09:48 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 08:16 -0600, Marco Borsani wrote:
> -}> I wrote the plugin to check the log file, but I have not idea
> -}how to handle
> -}> the notifications because there are not CRITICAL and (after) OK
> -}status (like
> -}> usual).
> -}Perhaps I missunderstood your problem. But If you need to monitor
> -}something, than you also need to know, when there is a problem. If
> you
> -}can't see at least two different states, I have no idea to monitor
> -}something.
> Well, my customer want to receive notifications every time some
> particular
> strings are written inside that log file.
> Probably Nagios can not do this ....

Have you had a look at check_log?

It does exactly what you are (apparently) asking.

Although, your statement that there is no OK/CRITICAL state is
confusing.  Wouldn't the writing of 'some particular string' to the log
file be the Critical state (and, obviously, the string not being there
be the OK state)?  At least, that's how we all do it.