upgrade to 2.0b1 / event handlers broken

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jan 19 05:01:26 CET 2005

James Mosley wrote:
>[1106090538] SERVICE EVENT HANDLER:
>tx-svr-1;NAGIOS;CRITICAL;HARD;2;handle-master-proc-event
>[1106090658] SERVICE EVENT HANDLER:
>tx-svr-1;NAGIOS;OK;HARD;2;handle-master-proc-event
>
>However, the event scripts simply aren't being called by the
>nagios process as verified by modifications I made to them for
>testing purposes.  Running the EV scripts manually works, so
>it's not broken scripts.  Addtionally, all the config

I've had similar behaviour under Nagios 1.2.  An event handler script
(written in perl) ran fine from the command line, but not as an event
handler.

I found that, if I specified the perl executable on the commandline, or even
wrapped it in a shellscript, it worked:
 command_line    /usr/bin/perl $USER2$/eh-send-bb.pl $SERVICESTATE$
$STATETYPE$ $SERVICEATTEMPT$ $HOSTADDRESS$ "$SERVICEDESC$"

No idea why, but this might help you if the scripts are perl or shell
scripts?

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **