upgrade to 2.0b1 / event handlers broken

James jkmoseley at jump.net
Wed Jan 19 02:37:18 CET 2005

I'm running a BSD box that monitors another Nagios host.  I decided to upgrade
from 1.2 (the slave box) to the latest version to make use of the
'inherits_parent' directive in the dependencies config - I have not yet
upgraded the plugins nor changed any of the macro defs, accordingly.

After upgrading, I made a few changes to the hosts.cfg and hostgroups.cfg files
(to fix the contact_group issues) and all works fine.  However, host/service
event handlers seem to be broken now.  I can take the service or host down I am
monitoring with EV's, and sure enough, I see the references in the log files:

[1106090538] SERVICE EVENT HANDLER:
tx-svr-1;NAGIOS;CRITICAL;HARD;2;handle-master-proc-event
[1106090658] SERVICE EVENT HANDLER:
tx-svr-1;NAGIOS;OK;HARD;2;handle-master-proc-event

However, the event scripts simply aren't being called by the nagios process as
verified by modifications I made to them for testing purposes.  Running the EV
scripts manually works, so it's not broken scripts.  Addtionally, all the
config files/scripts are owned by the same user that the nagios and httpd
processes run as.

Thanks in advance.

James