Problem with check radius

Mario Sergio Candian mscandian at FreeBSDBrasil.Com.Br
Fri Jan 14 17:41:15 CET 2005

Hi list,

I have a FreeBSD box, with Nagios installed. I configured it, and its work
fine. I need to monitor my radius. In my checkcommands.cfg I put this:

# 'check_radius' command definition
define command{
         command_name    check_radius
         command_line    $USER1$/check_udp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1645
         }

# 'check_radius_account' command definition
define command{
         command_name    check_radius_account
         command_line    $USER1$/check_udp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1646

But, I get this error message:

(root at firewall)~# /usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_udp -H localhost -p 1645
No data was recieved from host!
No response from host on port 1645
Exit 2

And I have the radius working in my box. Is this command wrong? What can I
do to fix it? All the services that the nagios monitor is fine, except the
radius.

Thanks for all.

Mario Sergio

-
"Dreams as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today" -- James Dean