http through firewall

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Jan 10 23:21:39 CET 2005

If you must use a proxy to get out then you also have to tell check_http
to use that proxy. Something like the following should do --

# 'check_caching' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_caching
        command_line    $USER1$/ check_http -H www.yourtestedsite.com -I
ip.of.proxy.host --onredirect follow -p 8080 -wt 20 -ct 30 -to 35 -u
http://www.yourtestedsite.com -R \/HTML
        }

Of course www.mytestedsite.com could be a macro argument passed by your
service definition ($ARG1$).

check_http --help provides more information on specific command line
switches.

If you don't have to use a proxy to get out then it should just work.
Try running the command from the command line as it is defined in your
commands.cfg as the user that Nagios runs as. You may see useful error
messages that explain the problem.

--
Marc