2.0b1 broken macro handling

Chris Lalor chrislist at realise.us
Sat Jan 8 00:07:57 CET 2005

as per Thomas' email, I am seeing the very same behaviour. it doesn't
happen across the board with macro replacement. when services go down, the
substitution for email notification (using the standard definition from
misccommands.cfg in the sample config just to make sure it wasn't our
custom one) works fine. when hosts go down though, the fields mentioned
below substitute for just a $, when using the notify_by_email command.
I've also found the host check macro substitution, used as we do
nrpe-based host checks through a slave node, also breaks, so that if
services go down, the host is sometimes noted as being down, even when it
isn't. running the commands from commandline is working fine. let me know
if any specific information from the config would help troubleshoot this.
to be noted, this is moving an install with thousands of hosts/services to
2.0b1, so we know all of this was working in the configs in the earlier
release.

-chris lalor - mtv networks