Plugin to check that process is running?

Emmett Hogan EmmettH at Examen.com
Fri Jan 7 22:37:27 CET 2005

There are a few, including one that comes with the distribution:
check_procs.

However, I "rolled my own" because I didn't want to make multiple ssh
connections to check for multiple processes.  Mine takes a list of
commands and returns "OK" if they are all running, or CRITICAL if one or
more are not running (it also tells you which ones are not running).
check_procs is much more flexible if you are checking on just one process.

I'll attach it here, feel free to hack on it, just let me know how you
improved upon it. :-)

Hope this helps,
Emmett

--
================ Examen, Inc. ================
Emmett Hogan
emmetth at examen.com
==== Outside Counsel Management Solutions ====

CONFIDENTIAL -  PRIVILEGED INFORMATION
This e-mail may include confidential, trade secret or legally
privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not read, copy, use, distribute or disclose this
communication to anyone other than the intended recipient. Please
notify the sender of any error in transmission or delivery and
delete any misdirected e-mail from your system.