Nagios Authentication with Active Directory (Slightly Off-Topic)

Shawn Iverson shawn at nccsc.k12.in.us
Fri Jan 7 13:52:27 CET 2005

Have you tested your Kerberos configuration?  It may give you some more
clues on what is wrong:

kinit user at YOUR.DOMAIN.ORG

Then, if you don't receive an error, check for a kerberos ticket.

klist

On Wednesday, January 05, 2005 5:02 PM, Dimitri Yioulos wrote:

>Shawn,
>
>Thanks for the above post.
>
>Unfortunately, I'm having a problem.  Samba is installed and
>has been working successfully for some time using ADS.
>However, my nagios login doesn't work.  Here's the output from syslog:
>
>Jan  5 16:54:39 kingston httpd: pam_krb5: authenticate error:
>KRB5 error code 52 (-1765328332) Jan  5 16:54:39 kingston

Error code 52?

Error code 52 is: KRB5KRB_ERR_RESPONSE_TOO_BIG: Response too big for
UDP, retry with TCP

I will need to research this error some more.  Perhaps there is a way to
tell kerberos to use tcp in krb5.conf?

In the meantime, please check out the kerberos mailing lists and
kerberos documentation.

>httpd: pam_krb5: authentication fails for `dyioulos' Jan  5
>16:54:39 kingston httpd(pam_unix)[8513]: authentication
>failure; logname= uid=48 euid=48 tty= ruser= rhost=  user=dyioulos

The second error from pam_unix is irrelevant.  Authentication was passed
on to pam_unix, and it of course failed.

>What have I done wrong?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Dimitri

Let me know what you find out.