Installation Problem in Nagios 2.0b1

Kaushal Patel kaushalpatel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 06:28:34 CET 2005

Dear All,
I am trying to install Nagios 2.0b1 as per the instructions given on
http://www.onlamp.com/lpt/a/2688.  But faced a problem in the last
step.

The problem is as follows. As said, I was trying to install Nagios from the
steps given on the above website. Everything went fine but the last
step.

---------
In order to be able to use Nagios, we need a couple of configuration
files. These files go into the etc directory, which will be created
when you run the following:

root at ducati:~/tmp/nagios/nagios-1.0b5# make install-config
---------

Now, when I type this command it gives me the following error message.

---------
[root at localhost nagios-2.0b1]# make install-config
/usr/bin/install -c -m 775 -o nagios -g nagios -d /usr/local/n
agios/etc
/usr/bin/install -c -m 664 -o nagios -g nagios sample-config/n
agios.cfg /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg-sample
/usr/bin/install -c -m 664 -o nagios -g nagios sample-config/c
gi.cfg /usr/local/nagios/etc/cgi.cfg-sample
/usr/bin/install -c -m 660 -o nagios -g nagios sample-config/r
esource.cfg /usr/local/nagios/etc/resource.cfg-sample
/usr/bin/install -c -m 664 -o nagios -g nagios sample-config/t

emplate-object/checkcommands.cfg /usr/local/nagios/etc/checkco
                                                    mmands.cfg-sample
/usr/bin/install -c -m 664 -o nagios -g nagios sample-config/t

emplate-object/contactgroups.cfg /usr/local/nagios/etc/contact
                                                    groups.cfg-sample
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `sample-config/template-object/c

ontactgroups.cfg': No such file or directory
make: *** [install-config] Error 1                       ////ERROR LINE
[root at localhost nagios-2.0b1]#
----------

And, it does not finish the last step and thus installation. So, after
this I did not try to install the plug-ins also, as this did not
finish properly.

If anyone has the solution or some other link then please reply.

Let me tell you that I use Red Hat Linux 9 equivalent on KDE
environment It is provided by our university and they call it UB Linux
3. I logged in as root while installing.
System Info:
Celeron 800 MHz, 256 MB RAM, Separate 10 GB partition for Linux with
Windows XP on 30 GB partition

--
Kaushal Patel
MSEE, The State University of New York at Buffalo