Email notifications for Admins

nagios at mm.quex.org nagios at mm.quex.org
Fri Jan 7 04:21:15 CET 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 05:10:05PM -0600, Malcolms wrote:
>> I've installed Nagios 2.0b1 this week and i've run into a problem.
>> When I recieve email notifications that a host has went down, the
>> Info and Date/Time sections just have a $ in the fields. Any ideas
>> what I can look at to fix this problem? Your help is greatly
>> appreciated!!
>
> I have the exact same problem.

The macro DATETIME has changed its name in Nagios 2, so replace it
in your notification command with one of:

 $LONGDATETIME$
 $SHORTDATETIME$
 $DATE$
 $TIME$
 $TIMET$

 http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/macros.html

The date_format directive in the main config file also affects the
formatting of these macros.