CHECK_NRPE is not working

Sudheer Muddappa sudheer at tgs-solutions.com
Thu Jan 6 19:55:09 CET 2005

Ok. First of all I am trying to execute this on a remote machine.

Correct me if I wrong, it should not matter for the host where I am
running check_nrpe from. ( as long as it has the permission to run it)
and it will execute the  following command
check_nrpe -H hastname  -c check_disk1   on remote system hostname.

So, i guess you want to know what I have it in nrpe.cfg file for
check_disk1 plugin.

command[check_disk1]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 20 -c 10 -p
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0

And if i run this from a command line, it just runs fine. I am trying to
run this from debian linux server running nagios  on a solaris server 8
which has only nrpe and nagios plugins installed.

 From command line

netmonitor:/usr/lib/nagios/plugins# ./check_nrpe -H hammer -c
check_disk1
DISK OK [217370 kB (50%) free on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0]

Thanks,
Sudheer