FW: NRPE: Unable to read output - Plugin(event handler)

Nathan Oyler noyler at khimetrics.com
Wed Jan 5 16:15:44 CET 2005

/* see if the command timed out */
			if(early_timeout==TRUE)
				snprintf(buffer,sizeof(buffer)-1,"NRPE:
Command timed out after %d seconds\n",command_timeout);
			else if(!strcmp(buffer,""))
				snprintf(buffer,sizeof(buffer)-1,"NRPE:
Unable to read output\n");

Is the part of the code that gives me this error, what does that mean?

I've created a test plugin with just an echo, and it runs fine. I can
paste my plugin as well if that would help, here is the command listed
in nrpe.

command[cycle_tomcat]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/cycle_tomcat

The Script accepts Okay, Critical, Unknown, etc. Where does the command
get specified as needing arguments? Could that be the problem?

Thanks.