NSClient 0.0.1 RC1

Don Alfredo don.alfredo at pandora.be
Fri Feb 25 00:05:41 CET 2005

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 10:24, Michael Medin wrote:

> 4, Installation procedure? (I don't really know at all how people generally
> installs these kinds of things so feedback here would be interesting)

we use Inno Setup (http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php) to quick-install
NSClient,  NRPE_NT and Steve Shipways' nagevlog along with or own config
files, registry settings, external scripts/exes,... it also allows a "decent"
uninstall (aka add-remove-programs), An install tool is a real time-saver for
larger roll-outs.

Inno Setup is free, source is available, but copyrighted. Best of all, once
you get the hang of it outperforms a lot of "professional" installers. - it
does not produce .msi, so it isn't usable with software distribution tools
like MS SMS.
Can post the install scripts here if there is any interest.

> 8, Should I post to this list ? (should I move this to "my own" list)
Yes, i would like you to post here or at least announcements here... NC_Net
puts announcements here as well

-No time to test yet, will definitely do soon

grtz,
Fred