NSClient 0.0.1 RC1

Michael Medin mime at forumsql.se
Thu Feb 24 09:39:35 CET 2005

Theoretically it should work on *all* w32 based OSes (that's I believe NT 3.51 and Windows 95 and above). But given the kernel architecture of w98 I'm not 100% sure all the APIs I use are there/do what they should.

But to be realistically, NT4, W2K, W2K3, XP should work. (I have tested on 2K, 2K3, and XP. Haven't had time to test on our NT4 servers yet (as they are in production it's hard to get access to them ;)

> > It can be found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/nscplus/
> >
> > Simple installation instructions:
> >
> > Unzip to a directory of you choice, run "NSClient++ /install" to
> > install the service definition and then "NSCLient++ /start" to start
> > the service. If you rather not run it as a service run "NSClient++
> > /test" to start the program interactively. A few important things: be
> > sure to comment out either ConsoleLogger.dll or FileLogger.dll
> > depending on if you run it interactively or as a service. Also note
> > that this by default binds to port 1234 (as to not collide with
> > NSClient).
>
> Perhaps it would be prudent to get rid of the ancient MS Exchange
> problem and have it bind 12248 or some other address in the "free fire
> zone" (non-standard, non-common) by default instead?

Well it is of course configurable in the INI-file but a high default port might be better. Will do in the next release.

// Michael Medin