problem with new installation: "Could not expand member hosts..."

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Wed Feb 23 23:49:10 CET 2005

alias != name

The 'name' directive is what has to be unique, the 'alias' directive is
a meaningless (well, it can be) string.
e.g.
name erica
alias Erica is a fat server

Looks like your script is writing alias to name and vice versa.

My other thought is why are you using Nagios 1.x? Sure Nagios 2.0 is
beta but damn it has a lot of advantages over 1.x... (faster, better
reporting, etc etc)

HTH,
Greg

--