problem with new installation: "Could not expand member hosts..."

Aaron Macks amacks at techtarget.com
Wed Feb 23 23:21:47 CET 2005

I've noticed several records of similar problems in the archive, but no
concrete answers.  I'm upgrading fron netsaint 0.0.7 (yes I know) to
Nagios 1.2 with some scripts to translate the config file, but I'm
getting the following error:
Error: Could not find host 'erica'
Error: Could not expand member hosts specified in hostgroup (config
file '/apps/nagios/etc/hostgroups.cfg', line 97)

Here is the hostgroup definition(and the previous):
define hostgroup{
         hostgroup_name  mci.crosscheck
         alias           mci.crosscheck
         contact_groups  oncall,sysadmins
         members         otto
}
define hostgroup {
         hostgroup_name  eng.jboss
         alias           eng.jboss
         contact_groups  oncall,sysadmins
         members         erica,mario
}

and here is the host definition(and the previous):
define host {
         use                     generic-host
         name                    otto.xxx.com
         alias                   otto
         address                 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
         check_command           check-host-alive
         max_check_attempts      5
         notification_interval   60
         notification_period     24x7
         notification_options    r,d,u
}
define host {
         use                     generic-host
         name                    erica.xxx.com
         alias                   erica
         address                 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
         check_command           check-host-alive
         max_check_attempts      5
         notification_interval   60
         notification_period     24x7
         notification_options    r,d,u
}

any thoughts?
Aaron
Aaron Macks				amacks at techtarget.com
TechTarget				PGP keyid: FBE946C5
117 Kendrick St, Suite 800	Phone: (781) 657-1519
Needham, MA 02494		Fax:      (781) 657-1100