NS_Client and event logs

Paul Bourgeau psbourgeau at mpccorp.com
Wed Feb 23 17:55:21 CET 2005

Well I have the NagEvLog agent loaded on the windows server and NSCA loaded on the Nagios box (I think it's up and running).  Shouldn't it be showing up when I do a ps -aux | grep nsca?  I set the windows piece to forward to my Nagios box.  Now I can't seem to get any event log notifications out of Nagios.

Here's what I have set up:

###checkcommand.cfg:
define command{
        command_name    check_evtlog
        command_line    $USER1$/eventhandlers/submit_check_result -H $HOSTADDRESS$ '$SERVICEDESC$' $SERVICESTATE$ '$OUTPUT$'
        }

###services.cfg:
define service{
        use                             notify-service          ; Name of service template to use
        host_name                       miller
        service_description             TESTING - Event Log
        is_volatile                     1
        check_period                    none
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        max_check_attempts              1
        normal_check_interval           1
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  group-oncall
        notification_interval           5
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,w,r,u
        freshness_threshold             1800
        check_command                   check_evtlog
        }

In the GUI page of Nagios, I get, (No output!).  What am I missing?