nrpe: fails when check command outputs to stderr [CRC32]

Anders Iderström anders.iderstrom at hsv.se
Wed Feb 23 16:40:02 CET 2005

2003-12-22 Simon Kitching posted this:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=6818296

..where he aks if somebody is willing to look at a patch for nrpe.c to
fix the issue with nrpe 2.0 reporting "invalid CRC32".

I am willing to test your patch Simon. The organisation i work for are
using nrpe 2.0 on Solaris 8, Solaris 9 and RedHat 7.2

(We have nrpe 2.0 in production and our servers /var/adm/messages are
FULL of the following errors)
Feb 23 10:06:16 <hostname> nrpe[9177]: [ID 261363 daemon.error] Error:
Request packet had invalid CRC32.
Feb 23 10:06:16 <hostname> nrpe[9177]: [ID 900267 daemon.error] Client
request was invalid, bailing out...

Best regards
Anders Iderstrom