nrpe plug in - how to return results

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Wed Feb 23 03:36:38 CET 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 06:27:30PM -0800, Ranga Nathan wrote:
> But I also need to return a piece of information that will be displayed on
> the page:
> E.g the following is supposed to show  the number of items in the queue.
> command[check_baxp_inboundq]=echo "DISPLAY QUEUE(BAXP.AMS.RECEIVE.LOCAL)
> CURDEPTH" | runmqsc -e BAXP.AMS.QMGR | grep  CURDEPTH | sed
I'm hoping you'll share your MQ Series plugin when you are done
:> I could use it.

The first line text to STDOUT will go back Nagios. However the
decision as to the thresholds needs to be done by the plugin.
You'll need to wrap that echo and such in a shell script and
include code to test the depth of the queue.  Nagios has no
concept of thresholds, except that it can pass values on to the
plugins.

-Jason Martin

--
This message is PGP/MIME signed.