Warning: Monitoring process may not be running! (take 2)

Tom Gwilt tgwilt at suite224.net
Tue Feb 22 20:38:20 CET 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Andreas Ericsson wrote:

> Tom Gwilt wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I recently installed nagios 1.2 on a FreeBSD 5.3 box from the ports, along
>> with the plugins, slifeed plugins, snmp plugins, and nagiostat.
>>
>> Everything seems to be well, execpt for the error referenced in the
>> subject.

<snip>

Just thought I'd pass this on:

Found the answer while researching a different issue - it was in the FAQ
in the Error message section (Checking the status of Nagios with MySQL or
PostgreSQL DB support).

Modifying the nagios_check command as instructed fixed the problem.

It's smooth sailing!

Tom