Random Down times?

Bill Akins bill_akins at emoryhealthcare.org
Fri Feb 18 04:35:14 CET 2005

Hi folks,

Running Nagios 2.0b1 on RHEL3

I have about 160 servers monitored with over 600 services monitored and
Nagios is working great.  I do have a problem with a pool of Citrix
servers I monitor.  Through Control-M, machines are rebooted at random
times (once no users are logged on and certain other conditions are met)
and then they are added back into the pool.

My question is how can I turn off or delay alerting on unreachable for
5 minutes to accommodate the reboot?  I want to know if the machine goes
away for more than 5 minutes.  I am currently checking for several
services running on these machines as well as disk space and ping.

Any suggestions?

Bill Akins, CNE
SSS III
Emory Healthcare