Warning: Monitoring process may not be running!

Thomas Earl tearl at cacdhh.org
Fri Feb 18 02:45:04 CET 2005

[tearl at ns1 ~]$ ps -ax | grep nagios
Warning: bad syntax, perhaps a bogus '-'? See http://procps.sf.net/faq.html
23621 ?        S      0:01 ../bin/nagios -d ../etc/nagios.cfg
25521 pts/1    S      0:00 grep nagios

This is the output from the PS... Nagios is running and we are getting
alerts. Nothing seems to be wrong, just that output from the website saying
that isn't not running. Pretty strange, I think.

Any other suggestions?

--
Thomas Earl
Network Engineer & Designer

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a
ride!!'" --Jack Wilson