check_command in Nagios 2 no longer allows "Raw" Command Line??

Jon Gefaell jgefaell at netblue.com
Thu Feb 17 02:35:41 CET 2005

I'm working to try to port my existing nagios system(s) to nagios V.2.

I'm well along and iteratively addressing problems a nagios -v
nagios.cfg complains about.

I've found a very painful difference, option 3.) "Raw" Command Line is
no longer available!

So, I've got a thousand (or so) http checks which all use this method.
Different parameters are required for each check command. Using this
option has allowed me to create simple definitions for these commands.

Doing it the 'new'(?) way would require me to come up with a unique and
descriptive label for each (of over 1,000) service, then chain those to
the checkcommands.cfg with a unique stanza for each one!

That's .... Well I don't want to contemplate it. Not only is the
existing conversion tremenedously difficut, but adding services is
daunting as well. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks so much!

-JG