Running Nagios 1.2 on RH EL3

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Wed Feb 16 03:20:54 CET 2005

Well I've removed all of the stuff I compiled and tried the rpm packages
of Nagios 1.2 and plugins 1.3.1. The same thing is happening!

Nagios is crashing when a plugin is executed, I just started Nagios and
had top running when the first service check is executed. Viola the
Nagios process goes away just after Nagios tries to run a plugin! This
is repeatable and happens every time.

I have done a 'su nagios' and run the plugin from the command line and
this works! The permissions of the plugins look ok:
-rwxrwxr-x    1 root     root        20065 Jul 11  2003 check_load

Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks,
Greg

--