Running Nagios 1.2 on RH EL3

Dan Stromberg strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu
Tue Feb 15 19:13:29 CET 2005

We run nagios 1.2 stably on RHEL3 here.  I compiled the binaries myself.
Biggest problem was getting check_ping to work.  :)  We also use a
python script that generates nagios' config files from a sybase database
describing our clients.

You might try strace'ing your nagios process (or plugins?) to see what's
causing the segfaults.  If you're not accustomed to interpreting such
things, you could probably put the results on the web and send the URL
to the list.