Nagios2 on FreeBSD 5.3

Haze nagios at virtualhaze.org
Thu Feb 10 02:33:23 CET 2005

Hello all,
  I am looking at moving our Nagios 1.2 clusters to Nagios 2 and I am
asking if anyone has had any experience as to how well it works on
FreeBSD 5.3.

In brief we have 1 logger/cgi server and 4 remote servers with 60, 80,
500 and 2000 hosts. Total services across all the remote servers is
~10000. The top heavy service to host ratio is due to 90% of the devices
being routers, where we check for all interfaces that at in an ifAdminUp
status (nagios conf population is done automatically) and all the env
stuff (about 5 on most routers). All done via Perl Net::SNMP and ofc
embedded Perl.

 From the docs there looks like there is an issue with pthreads with
large setups, is this still so?

Any other advice or pitfalls to avoid would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Haze
Synetrix PLC