Nagios fails to start

Jeff Engstrom Jeff.Engstrom at fortix.net
Tue Feb 8 01:49:24 CET 2005

Greetings all,

When attempting to start the nagios daemon I get the following error...

            "Starting network monitor: nagios

No lock file found in /usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.lock"

Everything seems to have compiled correctly from what I can tell.  The
following items have been checked...

1. Verified the configuration options using the -v command-line option.

2. Checked the Nagios log file for messages relating to startup or
status data errors.

3. Verified the rights on all Nagios directories.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this issue and or how I can get
more log information?

Jeff Engstrom

Systems Engineer

FORTiX - Technology Solutions