nagios 2 won't compile on solaris 8

Jeff Scott jeff at skislave.com
Thu Feb 3 04:29:46 CET 2005

I've seen some post about Solaris 8 + nagios 2.01b, but I can't seem to get
it to compile.  (Nagios 1.2 compiles fine, and works 100%).  I've installed
the gd2 stuff from blastwave, and all the dependant packages.  I've setup
the libraries with crle.  I have all the environment variables set.
Configure runs without errors.  But compile fails...

$env

.stuff removed..

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/usr/uc
blib:/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql:/opt/csw/lib

LD_OPTIONS=-R/opt/csw/lib -L/opt/csw/lib

CC=gcc

USER=root

MACHTYPE=sparc-sun-solaris2.8

CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/csw/include

$pkginfo |grep CSW

system      CSWbinutils          binutils - GNU 'binary utilities': gas,
gld, gprof, and others

system      CSWcommon            common - common files and dirs for CSW
packages

system      CSWcswutils          cswutils - Utilities for CSW maintainers at
blastwave.org

application CSWexpat             expat -  XML Parser Toolkit

system      CSWftype2            freetype2 - font rendering library

application CSWgcc3              gcc3 - GNU Compiler Collection version 3
branch

application CSWgcc3rt            gcc3rt - GNU Compiler Collection version 3
branch run-time

system      CSWgd                gd - libgd, Graphics creation library and
utilities

system      CSWggettext          ggettext - GNU gettext

system      CSWiconv             libiconv - GNU iconv library

system      CSWjpeg              jpeg - lib and tools for JPEG image format

system      CSWpkgget            pkg_get - CSW version of automated package
download tool

system      CSWpng               png - library for Portable Network Graphics
format (PNG)

system      CSWtextutils         textutils - GNU text file processing
utilities

system      CSWxpm               xpm - library for X11 PixMap format
(libXpm.so.4.11)

application CSWzlib              zlib - Zlib Data Compression Library

$crle

Configuration file [3]: /var/ld/ld.config

  Default Library Path (ELF):   /opt/csw/lib:/usr/lib

  Trusted Directories (ELF):    /usr/lib/secure  (system default)

Command line:

  crle -c /var/ld/ld.config -l /opt/csw/lib:/usr/lib

$make all

cd ./base && make

make[1]: Entering directory `/root/nagios/nagios-2.0b1/base'

gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNSCORE -o nagios nagios.c broker.o nebmods.o
checks.o config.o commands.o events.o flapping.o logging.o notifications.o
sehandlers.o utils.o retention-base.o xretention-base.o comments-base.o
xcomments-base.o objects-base.o xobjects-base.o statusdata-base.o
xstatusdata-base.o perfdata-base.o xperfdata-base.o downtime-base.o
xdowntime-base.o       -lm -lnsl -lsocket -lpthread -ldl -lrt

setenv                              utils.o

unsetenv                            utils.o

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to nagios

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make[1]: *** [nagios] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/nagios/nagios-2.0b1/base'

make: *** [all] Error 2