service dependancies

Dave Stern dave at umiacs.umd.edu
Thu Dec 22 17:54:38 CET 2005

I've been running nagios for a while and love it. One of the plugins I
wrote ssh'es to various hosts and checks automounts by trying to read
a file on each of our critical automount hosts.

If the host doesn't respond to ssh, then the webpage obviously shows
that and the various automounts as down. It would be nice if you didn't
have to decode the webpage in that way ie if it only reported ssh as
down due to the dependancy. I was hoping that servicedependency could
do this something like

define servicedependency{
 	host_name       either specific hostnames or wildcard
 	dependent_host_name	" " "
 	dependent_service_description	ssh
 	service_description	nfs*
}

Can this be done? using the above format?
TIA

  David Stern                                    University of Maryland
            Institute for Advanced Computer Studies