nagios giving problem

Askar Ali askarali at beaconet.net
Mon Dec 19 09:56:05 CET 2005

hi list

i recently migrated the nagios from one machine to another. the previous
were running 2.0b2 and the new one is running 2.0b6.

i copied all the configuration files and custom plugins from the old to
new machine,

now i'm getting problem with nagios on the new machine.

1) when i start nagios with "nagios start" srcipt it gives me an error....

/usr/local/nagios# /etc/rc.d/rc.nagios start
Starting network monitor: nagios
No directory, logging in with HOME=/

okay i thinks its working but i'm can access the web its gives me error..

2)
It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for
any of the hosts you requested...
If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication
requirements for accessing this CGI
and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file.

3) when i gives command /etc/rc.d/rc.nagios stop its sometime gives me ...

can't find /usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.lock ... and long screen to
nagios usages.

nagios -v nagios.cfg , gives no error or warning.

I can successfully logged in to web interface but can't able to view any
host info.

any help in this regards will be greatly appreciated

regards,

askar