Advice on Plugin Development

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Sun Dec 18 15:50:37 CET 2005

> I need a plugin for Nagios that reboots an external server under certain
> circumstances (no ping response).
>
> There is no "direct connection" between the machine that Nagios runs on
> and the monitored server, so the reboot needs to be initiated via HTTPS
> with several POST parameters, i.e. a "simple" web form.

OK, am I missing something here?

How are you going to be able to do an HTTP POST operation, if the
machine isn't reachable via the network?  ;)

Or do you have something even more wonky going on, like ICMP starting
to fail before the machine goes away?

--
"NOT WORK SAFE! Extreme animated violence, language,
birds, and what appears to be God with a katana." -- SA list