Command line argument for Windows

Brian J. Dent bjd at compudentsystems.com
Mon Dec 12 16:05:56 CET 2005

I'm testing a script where I pass an IP address to a Windows command/batch
file.  The IP is separated by the ! as shown below.  In the definition of
the command, I define -p $ARG1$.  And finally on the host I'm trying to
catch the argument.  Either the command definition or the actual argument in
Windows is not right.  Any comments?

>From the definition file:

define service{

            .

check_command           check_nrpe_nt_remote_arg!192.168.4.8

            }

>From the checkcommands.cfg:

define command{

            command_name            check_nrpe_nt_remote_arg

            command_line               /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe
-H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c nrpe_nt_check_remote_arg -p $ARG1$

            }

>From the host's NRPE.cfg file:

command[nrpe_nt_check_remote_arg]=c:\nrpe_nt\ping_remote.cmd $arg1$

Regards,
bjd

~Brian J. Dent
CompuDent Systems

v (831) 649-2575, c (831) 224-2875, f (831) 649-0948
 <mailto:bjd at compudentsystems.com> bjd at compudentsystems.com
 <http://www.compudentsystems.com> http://www.compudentsystems.com

NOTE:  This e-mail is confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s)
listed.  Unauthorized use or disclosure of this e-mail or any of the
information in it is strictly prohibited.  If you are not a listed recipient
or someone authorized to receive e-mail on behalf of a listed recipient,
please reply to the sender that the e-mail was misdirected and delete the
e-mail.  Thank you.