Nagios/Plugins on AIX 5.2 - reply

Chrietzberg, Aletha Alethad at unch.unc.edu
Thu Dec 8 16:28:00 CET 2005

Got it.
Here's what I'm getting now.
------------------
$ make all
        cd ./base && make
        gcc -O2 -I/usr/local/lib  -D_ALL_SOURCE -D_ANSI_C_SOURCE
-D_POSIX_SOURCE -qmaxmem=16384 -qnoansialias -DUSE_NATIVE_DLOPEN
-DNEED_PTHREAD_INIT -q32 -D_LARGE_FILES -qlonglong
-I/usr/opt/perl5/lib/5.8.0/aix-thread-multi/CORE  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNSCORE
-c broker.c
gcc: unrecognized option `-qmaxmem=16384'
gcc: unrecognized option `-qnoansialias'
gcc: unrecognized option `-q32'
gcc: unrecognized option `-qlonglong'
In file included from ../include/config.h:228,
                 from broker.c:26:
/usr/include/pthread.h:556: error: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/pthread.h:559: error: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/pthread.h:563: error: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/pthread.h:566: error: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/pthread.h:569: error: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/pthread.h:572: error: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/pthread.h:575: error: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/pthread.h:578: error: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/pthread.h:581: error: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/pthread.h:585: error: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/pthread.h:588: error: parse error before '*' token
In file included from broker.c:27:
../include/common.h:31:1: unterminated #ifdef
In file included from ../include/nagios.h:26,
                 from broker.c:29:
../include/common.h:31:1: unterminated #ifdef
In file included from ../include/objects.h:31,
                 from ../include/nagios.h:28,
                 from broker.c:29:
../include/common.h:31:1: unterminated #ifdef

Stop.
I edited common.h as your notes instruct.  I haven't changed anything else
in it.
Are the gcc errors something I can correct or ignore?
Any suggestions on the the pthread header?