No Luck with Apache and Nagios

Chris Burgess chris at chrisburgess.com.au
Thu Dec 8 03:48:19 CET 2005

On 8/12/05 12:04 PM, "Eric X. Holzapfel" <ewh at groupoliver.com> wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I am trying to run Nagios 2.0b5 on RH Fedora 4 with apache 2.0.54
>
> I can start nagios ok, and both the ­v, -s, and status report ok.  The
> nagios.log file reports startup and monitoring info ok.
>
> The problem is with apache.  I am completely unable to use apache.  If I try
> to put these lines in my httpd.conf file, apache errors with a warning, that
> the alias won¹t work because there is an earlier alias and script alias, etc.

Hi Eric,

How did you install Nagios, source or package? You may already have the
directives somewhere else installed by your package. If there aren't any
duplicates in httpd.conf, have a look in the Apache conf directory
(/etc/httpd/conf.d or similar). I don't have access to a Fedora box at the
moment to check.

If not, what is the exact error message, it should also give you a line
number, check what's on that line (and before/after).

Cheers,
Chris